We, at Chelsea Gateway Motor Lodge, recognise that our business, as any other, has an impact on the environment in which we live through its day to day operations and we believe that we have a responsibility to present and future generations to minimise this impact. To this end, we have made a commitment to take steps to actively reduce our environmental footprint.
We and our staff undertake to:
Reduce our energy usage
- By switching off lights and equipment when not needed or when leaving a room
- By offering a linen change agreement
- By using low energy light bulbs where possible
- By managing exterior lighting usage through the use of sensors and timers
Reduce our water consumption
- By turning off taps when we are not directly using water
- By reducing volume of water flow where possible without compromising on quality
Reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfill
- By separating items for recycling eg glass and plastic bottles, newspapers, cans
- By participating in the ‘Back to Base’ soap recycling programme
- By purchasing in bulk where possible
- By re-using office products where possible
Reduce pollution in our waterways
- By using natural non-allergenic toiletry products
- By using natural, biodegradable cleaning products
Support our local community
- By setting aside a portion of our budget for sponsorship of local events and groups
- By donating items which have been replaced to local groups, schools or charities
We pledge that we will strive to make continual improvements wherever we see an opportunity to do so. We invite your support for and participation in these initiatives. You can help in the following ways:
- Many people choose the option of hanging their towels for reuse to minimise water and energy consumption and the use of detergents. However, we will happily replace them when servicing the room if you wish.
- Leave glass and plastic bottles, cans and newspapers beside your rubbish bin so that we can place them in the appropriate bins for recycling.
- Switch off lights, TVs and heating when rooms are unoccupied, close drapes when the temperature starts to drop and report any equipment in need of repair eg leaky taps.